Tips And Tricks for Creating Wax Seals
To make the perfect wax seal, requires a lot of practice!Feel free to share your wax seal making experience and process on Instagram and tag us @fleurselectcanada
HOW TO MELT SEALING WAX BEADS
- We would highly recommend using a new candle when melting the wax so that the outer edge of the flame can reach the spoon. If you're using an old candle it the flame may not reach the spoon creating an uneven melt.
- Wait a bit longer for the wax to melt.
- Stir the top layer of the wax to create an even melt.
HOW TO CREATE SELF ADHESIVE WAX SEALS
- When wax is fully melted, pour it out onto ALUMINUM FOIL PAPER or WAX SEAL MAKERS PLATE and place the stamp on the wax immediately.
- Let the stamp stay on for at least 30 seconds to let the wax cool down, then lift the stamp directly up.
- When the seal is no longer sticky, peel the seal up and use double-sided tape on the back of the seal.
WAX SPOON CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
- Reheat spoon (if cooled down) to melt the leftover wax in the spoon.
- Once all the wax in the spoon is melted, use kitchen towels to wipe the rest of the residue out.
**CAUTION: spoon & wax are very hot, be cautious when cleaning.
**We highly recommend cleaning the wax spoon right after use.
HOW TO PREVENT CIRCLE MARK AFTER TAKING OFF THE STAMP?
- We recommend placing the wax stamp into lukewarm water (not hot water) between each seal and wiping the water off COMEPLETELY before use.
- Please be sure to press the wax stamp firmly into the wax for best results.
- If you find that the wax seals are difficult to peel up, it’s because the water is too hot.
HOW TO DEAL WITH THE IMPERFECT SEALS?
- Don’t worry! You can always re-melt it and use it again next time!
- Before re-using, make sure the imperfect wax seal doesn’t have any adhesive backing or paper on it.
The Fleur Select Happiness Team